Tuesday, October 27, 2009

12 weeks

All right I know it has been more then a month since my last post. Things have been going really well, except for some periodic nausea. Today I went and had my first ultra sound. We were able to see little beans head, eyes, arms, spine and part of a leg the other one was hiding. Seeing the heart fluttering away was exciting. I was pretty worried about drinking 24 oz of water and being uncomfortable. In the end I drank probably a little less water then I was supposed to but I wasn't too uncomfortable at all. The technician said baby is measuring 11 weeks 4 days, plus or minus 7 days so things are right on. We could have bought a ultra sound picture but it would have just been a blur so we opted not too. Pete was able to see the images of the baby on the computer screen, he was thrilled!

I have also had my first formal check up with the midwife I spent over an hour with her asking and answering questions. That was a terrific experience I didn't feel rushed at all. I'm so grateful to be working with 2 terrific midwives!

My next appointment with the midwife is on Nov 12Th and we will hopefully be able to hear the bean's heart beating!

1 comment:

  1. oh, that is sooooo exciting!...little bean is on target, lol

    ReplyDelete